Earn an Online Master of Science in Mental Health Counseling
This program prepares candidates to become counselors as defined by the American Counseling Association (ACA) 1997 definition of professional counseling as, "...the application of mental health, psychological or human development principles, through cognitive, affective, behavioral or systemic interventions, strategies that address wellness, personal growth, or career development, as well as pathology." Intern and Practicum students can work in a variety of mental health settings.
A Comprehensive Graduate Degree in Mental Health Counseling
- Become an expert in mental health, psychological development, and cognitive interventions
- Learn how to address wellness, personal growth, and career development with students
- Master techniques that will help you conduct therapy, deal with addictions, and ethical issues
- Apply your skills in the workforce with our internships and practicum programs
What Makes University of the Southwest Better than the Rest?
- Flexibility - Earn your degree fully online, on-site on our New Mexico campus, or a combination of both. Create a custom schedule to have classes during your free time
- Quality - Combine a liberal arts education along with a solid background in educational counseling
- Accreditation & Faculty - University of the Southwest is regionally accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Our faculty will do everything possible to ensure that you will succeed
Our Degree Program is Enrolling Now
To begin your educational journey, fill out the form on the right hand side or call (800) 216-3917 and we'll make sure you get the information you need. Get started today!